A Limited Review of the S.C. Department of Disabilities and Special Needs: New and Continuing Issues at DDSN [Part 2 of 2]
Members of the S.C. General Assembly requested that we conduct an audit of the S.C. Department of Disabilities and Special Needs (DDSN).
- Determine if DDSN is providing needed and timely services to consumers.
- Determine if DDSN is protecting consumers from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Review staffing and operations at regional centers to determine what issues exist.
- Review training documentation for Commissioners, DDSN staff, and consumers to determine if training is adequate and if it has been completed as required.
- Gauge how effectively DDSN staff communicate and work with each other as well as with other stakeholders.
- Determine if DDSN has complied with the state procurement code and agency certifications for procurements.