S.C. Legislative Audit Council is seeking performance auditors to conduct management/performance audits of state agencies and programs in compliance with GAO government auditing standards. Interdisciplinary audit teams evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of government programs using quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Investigate state government operations and procedures to identify and make recommendations for policy and program improvements.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of agency records and interview audited entity’s staff and other government officials.
- Develop methods to obtain required data.
- Assist supervisors in planning, conducting, and writing audits within established timelines.
- Prepare concise reports and explain results to state officials, legislative committees, the media, and citizens.
- Strong research, analytical, communication, and investigative skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret facts and data.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain collegial working relationships with peers, supervisors, and agency liasons.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with generally accepted government auditing standards relating to performance audits.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, and statistical software programs.
A master’s degree, law degree, license to practice as a CPA, or a bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution and two years of relevant experience. An applicant with a law degree should be a member in good standing of the S.C. Bar Association. Six or more college credit hours in at least one of the following subjects — statistics, data analysis, computer science, accounting, finance, or journalism are preferred.
Submit a cover letter describing interest and qualifications for the position with a resume to MWerts@lac.sc.gov.
(Depends on qualifications.)
Flexible hours and excellent state benefits.