A Limited Review of The Citadel
REPORT (PDF) SUMMARY (PDF)
Members of the General Assembly requested that we conduct an audit of The Citadel. Our objectives were to:
- Review the cadet discipline process to determine how it functions, what involvement the Board of Visitors and the President have in appeals, and if the process has been equitably applied.
- Review the college’s hiring practices and qualifications for staff and faculty to ensure compliance with state laws and regulations.
- Determine how the compensation package for the college’s President is established.
- Review the college’s management of state appropriations and other funds.
- Review other issues, including the placement of the internal auditor and compliance officer, FOIA compliance, composition of the Board of Visitors, and classification of staff.