SC Legislative Audit Council is seeking performance auditors to conduct management/performance audits of state agencies and programs in compliance with Government Auditing Standards. Interdisciplinary audit teams evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of government programs using quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Investigate state government operations and procedures to identify and make recommendations for policy and program improvements.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of agency records and interview audited entity’s staff and other government officials.
- Develop methods to obtain required data.
- Assist supervisors in planning, conducting, and writing audits within established timelines.
- Prepare concise reports and explain results to state officials, legislative committees, the media, and citizens.
- A master's degree, law degree, license to practice as a CPA, or a bachelor's degree in a related field with two years of relevant experience.
- Strong research, analytical, communication, and investigative skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret facts and data.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, supervisors, and auditees.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Familiarity with generally accepted government auditing standards relating to performance audits.
Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, and statistical software programs.
An applicant with a law degree should be a member in good standing of the S.C. Bar Association.
Six or more college credit hours in at least one of the following subjects: statistics, data analysis, computer science, accounting, or finance.
Applicants must submit a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position with a resume.
Legislative Audit Council
1331 Elmwood Ave., Ste. 315
Columbia, SC 29201
Minimum Hiring Salary: $42,000
Closing Date: June 9, 2017
Flexible hours and excellent state benefits.